Wednesday, January 28, 2009

On monday I went back to the fish food bank for the last time. I have mixed feelings on it. On the one hand I am glad to be getting back to a routine, but on the other I feel like I have not helped enough. I saw over the month that I was there that more and more people started showing up for food, and earlier than before. The regulars say this is the most people they have seen in a while, I guess the economy is hitting harder than I ever thought. I think it is easy to forget what a priviledged life I lead and how it is so vastly different from other peoples situations. My sister and I are thinking about continuing helping in some way. She is a nurse so she wants to get her class involved and start a food drive for donations.

1 comment:

  1. I agree that it is easy to forget about our privileged life. We sometimes are so sheltered from the true reality of this harsh world. Service Learning gave me a taste of what is going on in our surrounding community.

    ReplyDelete